Get your keto on with this amazing chicken dish! Fall in love with rich tuna, and fresh basil enveloping savory chicken. It doesn’t get much more Keto-tastic than this! Keto Chicken Tonnato!
This moderate-protein, high-fat chicken dinner relies heavily on ingredients you may already have in your pantry. It’s also a keto-friendly meal, but you could boost the fat content by using chicken thighs.
This dish is composed of two main flavors, the light, and poached chicken and a thick and flavorful tuna sauce. It might sound weird, tuna, and chicken, but it’s delicious. It’s usually served as an appetizer and VERY thinly sliced.
1) 30g capers
2) 10g Garlic
3) Fresh Basil
4) 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
5) 15 Mayo
6) ½ Tsp Dried Parsley
7) ¼ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
8) 1 Tbsp Olive oil
9) 120g Chicken
10) 50g Leafy Greens
- Mix capers, garlic cloves, fresh basil, dried parsley, lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt, ground black pepper, olive oil for the sauce in a food processor. Store it for some time for the flavor to develop.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Put the chicken breasts in a pot with enough lightly salted water to cover it. (skip the step if using pre-cooked chicken).
- Boil the water and discard the foam appearing on the surface.
- Allow it to simmer on medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through. Allow the chicken breasts to rest for at least 8-10 minutes before slicing.
- Spread leafy greens on serving plates and place sliced chicken on top. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
Total Calories- 407 kcal
Net Carbs- 5g
Serve Keto Chicken Tonnato chilled or at room temperature. It’s also really great the next day, as the chicken has had time to soak in the sauce. If you use tuna can in good quality olive oil, you can use the entire content of the can in your sauce and you probably won’t need to add any additional oil.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss stories, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.